Tuesday, April 16, 2013

And Tonight I Feel Immortal.

I really really like this. I was not planning on doing this song when I originally thought of this project but I was driving one day in my car, blasting the song, these specific lyrics came on and the idea just came right to me. The blue in the background is the gradient light blue. I thought this could be cool because then you can see the colors of the sun more. The background is suppose to be the sun. I thought about just using a picture of the sun but I thought it would be more fun to find a brush that would kind of make it look like the sun. Below is where I found the brush. I used 3 different colors to make the sun; orange, yellow, and a yellow- orange. Next I made a silhouette. I like this idea because then it can be any one that feels powerful. I found a picture that is below and cut the girl out of it then I blacked her out. The lightening bolts are for getting the power. I used a simple lightening bolt, that is pictured below. I had to learn how to flip it so I could make the one of the right side of the shoulder. I then found a cape because every good powerful person has a cape. The picture of the cape is pictured below. The next thing I did was make this picture more about me. I picked a picture of family jumping up and down. This is powerful because my family is always there to support me. I picked out things that make me feel powerful and something that I connect with. There is a Kappa Alpha Theta kite. That is the symbol for Theta. This is organization that I am happy to call myself a sister of. There is also a golf ball because I feel powerful when I play golf. I am proud to call myself a NCAA division 2 athlete.   All these pictures are below. Lastly, I added the words to the bottom of the picture because I feel its important to see what the picture represents. Because tonight I feel immortal. 




The background brush
http://www.brusheezy.com/brushes/41089-pencil-brush-set


The person silhouette. 

Shoes to make the foot look more realistic.

The cape.


Lightening bolt on the arms.

Family and friends represented on the cape. 

Kappa Alpha Theta kite on the cape.

Golf ball on the cape.

No comments:

Post a Comment